Friday, July 5, 2013

Rainbow Fan

So a few days ago I found this awesome picture of a fan that was painted with primary colors and when it was turned on it look like a rainbow! I knew I had to try it because even if it didn't work the fan would still look cool because the blades were painted different colors. 

This is the original picture that was posted: 



To do this craft you will need the following:

  • Fan Blades
  • Newspaper
  • Paper towels 
  • Cup of water
  • Red, Blue, and Yellow paint
  • Paint brush


 I painted my blue blade first since it needed to be in the middle between the red and yellow



Then with the blue blade on top I painted the bottom right one red. The red needs to be next to the blue so it can in theory make purple.





Then last I painted the last blade yellow.






 I had to do 2 coats of the blue and 3 coats on the red and yellow. I used acrylic paint I don't think it matters what type you use but it's what I had on hand.



Last you put the blades back on the fan and turn it on! 


However when I turned the fan on it didn't look like the one from the original picture. I tried it on all speeds but still the same effect, it looked all yellow.





When I turned off the fan and as it started to slow down I did get the rainbow effect some. Either way it's a cool effect and I like my fan's painted blades. 

NOTE: the original picture uses a white fan and I used a black one I don't think the outcome would changed much if at all though.


If you have any questions or need any help feel free to ask. 


 
 


1 comment:

  1. I did the same, but I thought mine didn't work because my fan has metal blades. I'm really disappointed

    ReplyDelete