Friday, June 22, 2012

Homemade Sidewalk Paint

So over the early spring I discovered my new addiction, Pinterest. There was so much on the site and I just pinned and pinned away. Well after creating 19 boards I've finally decided to do some of my pins. Since it's summer time and I'm babysitting my nieces a lot during the week I decided one of the first things I wanted to do was homemade sidewalk paint. It was so easy to make, and the girls had a blast with it!!
(my nieces, Sami, Jenni, and Lilli)

All you need is the following:
  • 1 cup of corn starch
  • 1 cup of water
  • food coloring
  • a bowl
  • spoon 
  • measuring cup
  • containers to put paint in (I have seen some people use muffin pan)




After you mix the one cup of corn starch and the one cup of water pour it into your containers

Next put your dye in, I just did the basic colors: Red, blue, yellow, and green.


Then mix/shake and you're ready to go, all you need now is a sunny day, a sidewalk and some happy kids with paint brushes!! 


Here are some pictures of the creations the girls made




Like I said they had a lot of fun and they are already asking to do it again!! 
If you have any questions or need any help feel free to ask. 


No comments:

Post a Comment